Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This week's Carnival of Homeschooling is up - the Geography edition

CT is hosting this week's Carnival of Homeschooling at Petticoat Government.

She starts the carnival with:

----------
"I like geography. I like to know where places are."      
     - Tom Felton (the actor who played Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies)

We went to Cost Plus World Market last week to get chocolate Advent calendars, and my six-year-old daughter fell in love with and just had to have two globe Christmas tree ornaments. I gave in and bought them for her as a Christmas present because I thoroughly sympathize with her. After all, we did just have her older sister compete in a geography bee. It's neat to look at a globe and think about all the foreign and fascinating places, landscapes, cultures, and peoples represented by each different colored patch.
----------

Enjoy!


Carnival of Homeschooling

No comments: