Monday, March 25, 2013

Victor Davis Hanson with some positive thoughts about America's future

I really enjoy Victor Davis Hanson's military history book.  I've even had my daughters read a few of them.  My mother found a thoughtful column by Victor Davis Hanson titled: America’s Big Fat Advantage

He points out how our society allows pretty much anyone to do great things and then concludes with:

----------
The end of American exceptionalism will come not when we run out of gas, wheat, or computers, but when we end the freedom of the individual, and, whether for evil or supposedly noble reasons, judge people not on their achievement but on their name, class, race, sex, or religion — in other words, when we become like most places the world over.
----------

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Henry!

Would you consider writing a post you can submit to the homeschooling carnival? I am hostessing the Carnival of Homeschooling the first week of April and I think a post by you would be wonderful...

What do you think?

I need submissions pretty soon though!
If you want to submit something, send the following information:
Name of blog:
URL of blog:
Title of post:
URL of post:
Summary of post:
To this address: http://WhyHomeschool.blogspot.com
Your submission will come to me.

Thanks for thinking about it!