Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time to catch up on some blogging

The foster care boy we currently have is sick with the flu. He woke up a couple times this morning. Normally Janine will hold him then he'll settle back down and fall asleep. When needed Janine will feed him or change his diaper. At 4:15 am, he wasn't settling down. Janine woke me up and asked me to take a turn.

The boy is about to turn 18 months. He is a sweet boy and has a beautiful smile. With Janine being a stay at home mom, he spends ten times as much time with Janine as he spends with me. When he is miserable he doesn't want to be held by me. He wants Janine. I tried to rock him and he squirmed. I tried to just hold him but he fussed and fussed. Finally I put him on a coach beside me and we watched TV. He was a little fussy, but he sat there looking at the television.

After forty minutes he fell asleep!

Now it is a little after 5:00 AM. I have trouble falling back sleep. Once I am wide awake I almost never fall back asleep. With all this time I'll spend the next hour or two catching up on a little blogging.


----------
Technorati tags: foster care, , ,

No comments: