Monday, August 26, 2013

Homeschooling and soccer

Fall is the craziest time of the year for us. We start up homeschooling and go from our most relaxed season to our most packed season. This year I think between the four children we have over twenty different activities. There are several online classes, a homeschool drama class, violin lessons, homeschool co-op and a dozen other activities.

The one which is hardest for me is coaching soccer. As a software engineer I’m not a natural for goofy seven-year-old boys. When I saw something I want them to listen. I would be happy if most were listening. Unfortunately way too often most are paying no attention whatsoever to what I’m trying to teach them.

I feel I am a bit of a sadist masochist as I keep coaching year after year. But I really do think soccer is a great sport for young children. Already I’m starting to tell myself this will be my last year. But I’m afraid by the time spring rolls around I’ll remember all the good things about soccer and volunteer again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With homeschooling, the parents take full responsibility of their children’s education. It is intense parenting, as parents spend more time with their children, doing the hard work and having the patience to educate their kids.