Monday, May 13, 2013

Homeschooling in action - the bus ride

My middle daughter wrote this up:

----------
Middle sister and Baby Bop here! I’m helping Baby Bop write a post about our bus trip last week.

Here’s another awesome thing about homeschooling: You can do it anywhere, on the bus, in the car, or at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

Last week Mom was busy so I babysat Baby Bop. I have American Sign Language on Wednesday so Baby Bop rode the bus with me to the junior college. My older sister gets out of class about the time my class starts so Baby Bop swapped and then rode the bus back with her. Baby Bop was quite excited about the idea of the long bus ride!

We walked to the bus stop and got there a bit early, so we watched the cars drive by and looked for trucks and Herbie (VW Bug’s). His favorite was a very white VW Bug that he said looks like Herbie.

While on the bus Baby Bop drew pictures and wrote his name. He also would write words and ask me to read them. Sometimes his combination of letters didn’t actually make a word at which point he would claim it was Chinese and demand I read it to him. I think some of the people on the bus found us quite amusing.

Other exciting this this week has included: a trip to the dentist, a trip to the airport to pick up family, and a trip to Sky High. (A cool trampoline place)

We love the flexibility that homeschooling has given us!
----------

No comments: