Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This week's Carnival of Homeschooling is up - Preparing for the next school year

This week's Carnival of Homeschooling is up at MrsMamaHen.com.

Conni starts the carnival with:

----------
Well, the lazy days of summer are winding down, and it is time to start thinking about the fast-approaching school year.

The stores are loading up the shelves with the notebooks, pencils, and all the exciting goodies we homeschool moms love to see....and the kids often dread.


Towards the end of the school year, I will sit down and go through the next school year's materials. I'll do most of the lesson plans for the coming year, so when summer vacation comes around, Mom can be off too. But when that summer vacation starts heading into the last half, it is time to sit down with everything again and look it all over.
----------


Carnival of Homeschooling

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I am loving all the back to school items :D I am trying so hard to keep from buying anything till our "Tax Free Days" arrive lol! I must admit I have already splurged on some of those 20cent notebooks ((blush))
~> That is one thing I love about the online program I use, Time4Learning, I do not have to do as much "prep" work during the summer, because it is pretty much all done more me ;) I am thou trying to put together some extra special learning opportunity's throughout the year, Gotta love unit studies! I mainly like to exaggerate holidays. You know learn about a skeleton around Halloween or Flowers around spring time :)
Happy homeschooling,
Keri

Henry Cate said...

Keri, I hope you are participating in the Carnival of Homeschooling!