Monday, July 11, 2011

Reivew TED talk by Mark Bezos: A life lesson from a volunteer firefighter

My second daughter provides this review of Mark Bezos' TED Talk: A life lesson from a volunteer firefighter:

----------
Recently I watched the TED talk by Mark Bezos: A life lesson from a volunteer firefighter.


He told a story about how he went in a burning building to get the owner a pair of… shoes. It was raining and the woman whose house was on fire needed shoes. A few weeks later the Fire station received a letter of thanks from the home owner, and the kindness she noted the most? That someone had even gotten her a pair of shoes.


This really made me think about how little things we do can change someone’s day. Is it that hard for me to wait from someone or hold a door open? Is it that hard to send someone a thank you card? Don’t wait to do something big, do little things that help people.


This Ted talk was less than five minutes long but its’ message has probably been most influential to me than any of the others I’ve watched so far.
----------

I will echo my daughter's thoughts.  It is a good talk with a great message, well worth five minutes:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks!

Henry Cate said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the post.