Friday, May 20, 2011

Another reason to move to Texas

The economy in Texas is growing, largely because the government there has a lower tax rate and less regulation.  As such many companies are investing in Texas.

The Texas House of Representatives has passed a bill which prohibts "intrusive touching" of people traveling.  The TSA claims that according to the Constitution Texas has to stay out of Federal affairs. 

But there is nothing in the Constitution which allows TSA to grop passenger. 

I wonder if this will end up in the Supreme court.

Maybe we should move to Texas.  The government there seems a little more sane.

2 comments:

Jean said...

It's a problem. I don't want to move to Texas, I want CA to fix itself so I can stay in my hometown! California is one of the most resource-rich places in the world, but we're so bad at managing ourselves that we're broke. Fooey.

Henry Cate said...

I agree, California has great potential, but the government has made a ton of mistakes.

I think things can be turned around. Hopefully more and more people will get involved.