Tuesday, August 25, 2009

John Gatto invites you to join him in a conspiracy

My father sent me a link to a chapter from John Taylor Gatto's book Weapons of Mass Instruction. The chapter starts with:

----------
If you read this to the end, you'll discover that I'm inviting you to join a real conspiracy, call it an open conspiracy, with real consequences on millions of real lives. I know that sounds megalomaniacal, but be patient. If we pull this off, a great many will bless us, although the school industry few will curse us. This is about a project to destroy the standardized testing industry, one in which you, personally, will be an independent unit commander. This adventure is called "The Bartleby Project, for reasons you'll learn in just a little while. And keep in mind as you read, this has nothing to do with test reform. It's about test destruction.
----------

I think many homeschoolers have already joins his conspiracy.


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education, government schools, children, public school, public education

1 comment:

silvermine said...

It certainly feels that way! I feel so subversive. ;) The neighbors kids went to their first day of school today, and the first day of school for my son would be Thursday. (He's 6, so he's finally compulsory age.)

I'm feeling a little bit anxious. Whee!