Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feeling a bit old

After our oldest two daughters headed off for girls camp Saturday, Janine and I took the younger two children out for dinner. The restaurant was promoting their senior discount. For some reason it really hit me that I was less than a decade away from being able to take advantage of the senior discount.

Some times I feel old, like when my joints ache. Other times I don't feel all that much different than when I was seventeen.

A friend sent me a link to Romancing the Road. An 89-year-old lady has put more than 540,000 miles on her car. It is funny, she got life time warrantees for many parts of the car. Some parts have been replaced seven times.

She has a good attitude towards growing old.


----------
Technorati tags: age, life

3 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I have an aunt who has also done something similar. She got the car with the lifetime warrenty and has traveled with it for years now. She is a romantic 80 year old lady and she is still tall and proud, and loves to send too many pictures. I want to grow old this way as well. :)

Val

Rose said...

I wish I came with a warranty some days (more every day, actually). Seems my parts get creakier all the time.

Malcolm Kirkpatrick said...

Just about 25 years separated the last time a liquor store sales clerk asked for my ID and the first time a Burger King sales clerk offered me a senior discount.