Tuesday, April 21, 2009

From the archives - putting things into perspective

I've been collecting and saving emails since electronic email first went over the internet. I built a collection of 50,000 clean jokes. I've saved hundreds, maybe thousands, of good thoughts. For several years before Janine and I started this blog I had been saving link after link about why people homeschool.

When we first started writing on our blog we had so many things running around in our thoughts, then I didn't bother to dip into the archive. Then over time I forgot about my collection. Recently I've been cleaning up an old computer and found some of the archived emails, so over the next couple weeks, or couple months, I will post some of the olden goodies.


Here's a good thought that helps put our problems into perspective:

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire - then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.
-Robert Fulghum


----------
Technorati tags: Robert Fulghum, problems, inconvenience

No comments: