Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Statetris - a fun way to learn geography

A friend told me about Statetris. It is a take off on Tetris. The falling pieces are states. You have to orient and position them.

I did the hard level in ten minutes. For some reason I kept trying to put Virginia in Kentucky's location. I also spent a minute trying to get Rhode Island positioned correctly. I think I had the orientation wrong the first five times.

I then did the European version. I was able to do the easy version in five minutes.

There are also versions for Africa, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, South Carolina and UK.

This is a fun game and I think most children would enjoy it. If you miss putting a state in the right location a couple times Statetris will give hints.


---------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, public school, public education, education

No comments: