Monday, February 26, 2007

Links to interesting posts - 26 Feb 07

My mother has been eagerly awaiting the movie Amazing Grace. This is based on the book Bury the Chains. Both are the story of how a small group of people, mostly Quakers, lead the movement in English to abolish slavery. They were successful, and Great Britian peacefully got rid of slavery in 1837. (I once heard the United States was the only nation in the Americas that went to war to get rid of slavery.) Christine, of a little perspective, recently saw the movie and gives it a positive review.

Years ago I heard The Bridge Builder by Will Allen Dromgoole. If you haven't heard of the poem, pop over to Random Contemplations and check it out. It is a quick read. Much of what we do as parents is to build bridges for our children, until they are ready to build bridges for others.

I am afraid I woke up at least one of my daughters when I read Ramona, overheard. I laughed pretty loud as I read about Karen Edmisten's daughter.

Over at Key Words Daniel Macintyre has another reason for homeschooling.


----------
Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: