Thursday, August 24, 2006

Selections from reddit.com - 24 Aug 06

Milton Friedman proposed the idea of school vouchers back in the 1950s. He has long been known as one of the great economists of our time. He has made his "Free to Choose" PBS TV series available over the internet. This would be a great start for a teenager wanting to know more about economics. And it is free!

Mark Forster shares some ideas on time management from his book Do It Tomorrow, which may only be available in the UK right now. His book looks promising. So far my favorite time management book is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.

We did a few interviews earlier this year. (And I plan to do some more.) Lou Adler shares The Best Interview Question of All Time. His question is: "Please think about your most significant accomplishment. Now, could you tell me all about it?" He explains why this is such a powerful question. It was an interesting read.

Nick Hornby explains in How to read that one of the most important aspects of reading is recognizing that it is OK not to finish a book. Growing up I was always taught to clean my plate or finish what you start, and so I've struggled at times with a book I wasn't enjoying. This was a good reminder.


----------
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: