Friday, June 30, 2006

Hey, I almost missed it, it is Frederic Bastiat's birthday

Frederic Bastiat wrote a powerful tract on the dangers of government. The Law analyses basic problems with government. It is powerful. And short. You can read it here. I plan to read it with my daughters when each of them hits fifteen or so. He also wrote about economics and created the Parable of the Broken Window which demonstrates how easy it is to ignore the unseen.

I would have missed that it was Frederic Bastiat's birthday today except that I put in a Google Alert awhile back, and one of the links today was to Follow The Law by Gary M. Galles.

You might consider celebratinge Bastiat's birthday by reading The Law or The Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen. (The second has the Parable of the Broken Window.) Then have a unit study with your children on how to protect your freedoms.


----------
Technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: