Friday, February 24, 2006

Links to interesting postings - 24 Feb 06

I like vouchers. I think they would greatly improve public education. A big part of the problem with public schools is there are few consequences for poor schools. Public schools have a captive market. Spunky writes at SpunkyHomeSchool about Hillary Clinton speaking out against vouchers. Hillary tries to scare us away from vouchers. Spunky points out that what is happening now in public schools is pretty bad. While I do think vouchers would be better for our country, I don't think they are going to happen any time soon. People have been pushing them for decades, and we've made little progress.

The Brew*crew Adventure has a funny homeschooling cartoon.

And Daryl's recent post reminded me about One-Sixteenth's funny post about the power of mom.

No comments: