Monday, November 25, 2013

A few of the reasons why I’m grateful we homeschool

As this is the season of Thanksgiving I’m been thinking about why I am thankful we are able to homeschool our children.  Here are a few of the reasons:

I am grateful that we don’t have to deal with the conflict in what we teach our children and what public schools try to teach students.

When my children get excited about a project we can let them work on it for as long as they want.

My daughters have plenty of time to read.  Going to the library is one of their favorite treats.

My children are turning out to be wonderful people.

My children can pass the marshmallow test.

We were able to avoid having government schools ruin our children.

My children have more time to spend with my parents.

My children are respectful to Janine and me.

My children get along with each other, most of the time.  And the rare fusses are getting fewer.

I’m happy with the fruits of homeschooling.

My children are able to avoid destructive assignments.

Homeschooling allows us to bond when life’s tragedies strike.

We don’t have to deal with public schools who ignore parents.

Our children have time to listen to the unabridged version of Homer’s Odyssey.

We have great flexibility.

Our children can learn history.

Homeschooling has made it possible for us to do foster care.

We don’t have to put our children in an environment where they can’t escape bullies.

Homeschooling lets us go on vacations when most children are in school.

Our children have mostly mastered the difference between wants and needs.

This is by no means exhaustive.  I am sure I could come up with dozens more.


No comments: