Wednesday, June 05, 2013

“I am not here as a serf or vassal. I am not begging my lords for mercy.

Becky Gerritson gave testimoney yesterday to the Ways and Means Committee:



I loved this set of sentances:

I am not here as a serf or vassal. I am not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born free American woman, wife, mother and citizen. And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being, and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy, exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered.

In response I wrote my congressman and senators asking them to make sure all Americans received equal treatment before the law.

1 comment:

Mayray said...

Wow. I so love those sentences. They strike the heart of the matter. Emotional appeal there too.

University of Nigeria
http://unn.edu.ng