Wednesday, October 03, 2012

This week's Carnival of Homeschooling is up

Conni is hosting this week's Carnival of Homeschooling from Alaska at MrsMamaHen.com.

 She shares a beautiful picture of the autumn night in Alaska and then writes:

----------
And with the return of autumn, comes lots and lots of activities.

Some of the activities involve homeschool-related things. Some are related to volunteer work, holidays, family, work, and on and on. I find that this time of year, with these added activities filling up my calendar, I will often find myself stretched too thin. I love homeschooling. I love spending time with my children like this, and it is my first priority. I find myself having a sense of "obligation" that can get me into a great deal of trouble in other areas.

And sometimes that means I have to say "no."

Setting boundaries and limits for our family or personal activities can be hard. I hate to disappoint people, and I always feel awful if I can't be everything to everyone. But I have learned, the hard way, that if I have too much on my plate, I can't finish everything to the best of my ability. If I can't do something 100%, then I am not the person to do it in the first place.

Again, my family comes first. My husband and my children. Everything else is secondary.

How do you protect the priorities in your home?
----------


Carnival of Homeschooling

No comments: