Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Another "Me too"

One of the beautiful things about homeschooling is how the younger children just naturally follow along.

Today while our younger two daughters worked on their math, Baby Bop sat beside them at the table and colored. Later, Baby Bop went upstairs to play in our library room near where I was working in the office.

My middle daughter came up to tell me how she did on her math assignment. While she was talking, Baby Bop started pointing excitedly to himself. After my middle daughter finished speaking, she kindly turned to Baby Bop and said, "Yes. You were doing your school work too." He beamed up at her. I could see how proud he was of himself.

A few days ago, as part of his Early Start speech therapy, the therapist evaluated his writing readiness. She asked me if he could draw a circle. I replied that I didn't think so. The therapist gave him a crayon and some paper and to my surprise, he drew a roundish object. He then went on to imitate both horizontal and vertical lines. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. He is a little "Me too."

----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

so cute!

Jacque Dixon said...

I love it. We are learning Spanish, and I love to hear the Littles out on the swingset counting. They definitely learned more than I thought they had.
:)
Thanks for your entry in the COH.
blessings~

jugglingpaynes said...

How sweet! And it is always nice when the children help and acknowledge each other. :o)