Thursday, August 21, 2008

Having a jogging partner keeps me going

I jogged several times a week for about ten years with a good friend. It was a sad day when he and his family moved. Our daughters were good friends with two of his daughters.

Another sad result is I stopped jogging. It is so much easier to sleep in "just this once" when no one will be waiting outside for me. For six months I didn't jog at all. I started back up this last month, when my second daughter said she wanted to start jogging. She has some trouble falling asleep at night and finds that a good workout helps her fall asleep faster.

The BBC reports:

----------
Running on a regular basis can slow the effects of ageing, a study by US researchers shows.
Elderly joggers were half as likely to die prematurely from conditions like cancer than non-runners.

----------

I'm glad jogging helps me live longer. One of my goals is to live long enough to see how my grandchildren turn out.


----------
Technorati tags: exercise, jogging

No comments: