Thursday, February 14, 2008

Will the socialization question ever go away?

I wonder if the socialization question will ever go away. All the research I've every seen clearly indicates that in general children who are homeschooled grow up just fine.

Melissa Wiley writes that Alice Gunther has written a book addressing this question. "Haystack Full of Needles, A Catholic Home Educator's Guide to Socialization" by Alice Gunther will be out soon. Though the targeted audience is Catholic homeschoolers I expect others will find it worth reading.

On her blog Alice Gunther explains why she wrote the book. Judging from all the comments it looks like the sales will be good.

I couldn't find the book on Amazon.com, but it looks like it will be available via Hillside Education.

I doubt this will be the final nail on the coffin over the socialization question, but I expect it will contribute to helping people realize that socialization is not a good reason to send your children to public schools.


---------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, public school, public education, education

No comments: