Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I finished "From the Earth to the Moon" by Jules Verne

Again I'll mention that I like DailyLit. They provide an amazing service. They deliver books via email in manageable chunks.

I just finished From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne. It was pleasant, not great, but a fun read. The basic story is about a group of Americans who after the Civil War build a huge cannon to blast a rocket to the moon. Jules Verne goes into great detail about how long the cannon is, how much gun powder is needed, and so on. He gets some of the physics wrong, but he also gets some of it right.

Several times I've posted about David McCullough's account of Teddy Roosevelt reading Anna Karenina. I've decided that for my next DailyLit book I'll try "Anna Karenina."


If you haven't checked out DailyLit, give it a try.


----------
Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Never heard of this before--looks interesting. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on receiving the Homeschool Blogging Award nomination.
You're part of a great bunch.

We are having a Homeschool Book Giveaway at
http://Heartofwisdom.com/blog A new book will be given away each week.
(Bloggers receive three entries by posting a link).

Watch for our Winter Sale: 50% on all E-Books!!
Thanks.

Robin @ HeartofWisdom
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog