Thursday, October 04, 2007

Spunky is still getting around a hundred hits a day

I check every so often to see if Spunky has posted anything recently.

If you are new to the homeschool blogging world Spunky use to post frequently. She was one of the top name homeschool bloggers. She had a lot of interesting thoughts and ideas. She use to get around a thousand hits a day. In December of 2006 she decided she needed to stop posting.

Today I looked at her blog again. No, nothing new. Oh a whim I checked out her sitemeter report. She is still averaging over a hundred hits a day.

This is a classic example of The Long Tail. Her posts will probably continued to be read for years.


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually wondering about that. I use bloglines and keep up with the new posts (or lack thereof) that way. I see her pop up occasionally in comments sections other places, but never wanted to hijack a thread to carry on a conversation to ask (and I'm too ingnorant to know how to check myself).

Hanley Family said...

She has an honorary place in many sidebars so will likely continue to maintain at least a small amount of traffic.

I couldn't bring myself to delete her from my blogroll.