Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tip for following links - use the right click

When reading something like the Carnival of Homeschooling, there can be lots of interesting links to check out. It can be tedious to click on a link, go to a site, browse for awhile, and then return.

I find it easier to right click on a link, and select "Open in New Window" from the popup window. I'll now have two windows up. I browse through the new window, and close it when I am done. The first window is exactly where I left it.

It can take awhile to bring up the additional windows, so some times I'll right click on a dozen links. By the time I've started up several, the first one will be loaded. I can then quickly look at new blogs without having to wait.

If you haven't done a right click before, give it a try.


----------
Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Doc said...

What's even nicer is if the blog-author adds the html into the link to automatically open a new window. This reader appreciates that.

DavidofOz said...

Those with Firefox or Safari would find it even easier to tight click and open in new tab. That saves a heap of windows proliferating.