Monday, November 10, 2014

Unexpected fruits of homeschooling, or another reason why I love homeschooling

Awhile back someone gave my wife some gift cards for Barnes & Noble.  For a family outing we recently took our youngest two children to Barnes & Noble and told them they could use some of the gift cards.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my fourteen-year-old daughter decided to buy two books on neuroscience.  Currently she is fascinated by the human brain.  She had already been doing a little reading on the brain, but she is now planning to work through both books.

Homeschooling is wonderful for helping children to be open to possibilities sooner.  Rather than waiting until the "normal" time to learn about the human brain, my daughter is studying now, because she is interested now.  If she was in a public school, it would be much harder for her to find the time to study on her own.

This is just another reason why I love homeschooling.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is really great!! Definitely a positive of homeschooling!! Thanks for sharing.