Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Some of our best posts from November 2007

Janine and I have been blogging about homeschooling for almost eight years. If you missed some of our early posts, you have missed some of our best thoughts. Here are some highlights from November 2007:

In Public schools - a Gordian Knot or a Sisyphean activity? I argue that public schools have crossed a point and they are no longer fixable.

I was surprised to learn that Having more than three children helps men live longer.

We live in an amazing time.  We are so greatly blessed.  I write about The servants at our house.

The cost of higher education has exploded over the last several decades.  I shared some ideas about The coming revolution in higher education.


We first came across this Homeschool Girl -- Sims video:




And I think November 2007 was also the first time I across Like_youknow.  I still enjoy watching it after having seen it dozens of times:


2 comments:

Hamilton Bard said...

Public schooling in most places has gotten so bad, with wrong agendas and wrong values being taught, that home schooling is just about an imperative for those parents who want to teach their children, not only basic academic skills and knowledge, but how to live the right way of life that leads to true success and hapiness.

And I do not think the situation in the public schools will get better anytime soon. That is not the trend, the trend is for things to get progressively worse.

I think more and more parents will turn to home schooling as time goes on.

Henry Cate said...

I totally agree.

I think there are pockets in the nation where the public schools aren't super bad, but in general children are not receiving a quality education in our government schools. Parents should pull their children.