Friday, March 08, 2013

Some of our best posts from February 2007

Janine and I have been blogging about homeschooling for over seven years. If you missed some of our early posts, you have missed some of our best thoughts. Here are some highlights from February 2007:

With I have introduced my daughter to "The Forgotten Man" I share how I take my children out for monthly dates.


In 2007 Steve Jobs said:

"I believe that what is wrong with our schools in this nation is that they have become unionized in the worst possible way."

Steve Jobs gets it right on teacher unions has my initial thoughts.  What good are teacher unions for public education? explores what value teacher unions add to public education.  And More on Steve Jobs, Public schools, and Teachers' Unions has my reaction to the union's reactions.


It is good to think about How do you praise your children?  A study found:

"...that children who were praised for working hard were more likely willing to try harder problems. Children who were praised for being smart were more likely to select easier problems."

No comments: