Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Interesting post about a TSA agent

In Honestly, I don’t really remember Michael Maharrey writes

----------
I think my loathing of TSA stems from the fact that it is probably the most “in your face” encounter I have with overreaching federal power. I know other unconstitutional acts engaged in by the fed probably have more of a detrimental impact on my day-to-day life. But when I am queued up in my stocking feet wondering if I should choose a grope or a scan, it brings unconstitutional federal power right out in the open.
----------

He follows this up with an account of how he asked a TSA agent:

"Do you guys swear an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution?"

The TSA agent says he doesn't remember. 

It turns out that all TSA agents swear and oath to uphold the Constitution.  Michael poins out that so much of what the TSA is doing is in contradiction with the Constitution.

Hat tip: Maria C. Mitchell

No comments: