Tuesday, April 12, 2011

With homeschooling you can feed your own children

This popped up several times on Facebook today.  Several of my friends linked to Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home and Chicago school bans homemade lunches, the latest in national food fight.

It is a bit mind boggling to me.  Here we have public schools that can't teach children how to read and write.  They constantly tell us they are suffering for a lack of money.  Teachers are demanding bhigher wages, because they are union and it is their right to have the money. 

And now these government schools have decided that parents aren't wise enought to make a decent lunch for their own children.

I expect most parents won't raise a fuss, because you know "The experts know best."

Sad, sad, sad.

3 comments:

Deena said...

I completely agree with you.. and I am a certified elementary teacher and a health educator at that! Drives me crazy. It is still a free country. Wealthy or not, wise choices or not, all parents have the right to pack their child a lunch if they wish to. I was mad when I read this today as well. AND I have been praying about homeschooling my own children this next school year because it seems that things just continue to go deeper and deeper in these directions.

ivac said...

That's so unfortunate. If only all parents can homeschool their kids..

Henry Cate said...

Deanna - if you have any questions about homeschooling feel free to ask. Good luck with your decision.

ivac - I agree. The more parents who homeschool the better off our nation would be.