Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Victor Davis Hanson's thoughts on Obama's speech

Victor Davis Hanson is one of my favorite authors.  I have even had my daughters read from one of his books.

I enjoyed his thoughts on Obama's recent speech.  He starts with:

-----------
Last week the president gave a speech on the deficit, rightly trying to convince Americans that it is now beyond unsustainable. Yet his theme was that the Republicans’ attempts to reduce it were cold-hearted, endangering the most vulnerable among us, such as those with Down’s Syndrome, while protecting the proverbial “rich” from commensurate sacrifice. Let us, then, look at Obama, and the context of his speech, as a doctor might a patient.
-----------


Hat tip: My mom via Facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's an extremely pessimistic take on that VDH article.

Henry Cate said...

I think in the short run the guy is right. Obama has nothing to fear. But in the long run I believe most people will come to recognize just how bad for the United States his presidency was and he will be condemned and his reputation tarnished.

Obama will survive his four years as president, but he'll have a bad reputation for the rest of his life.