Friday, April 01, 2011

It is important to more than think about change

One of the reasons I like Toastmasters is it helps me be more effective when I speak.  Recently I spoke before my city council.  I was surprised to learn I was on the news that night and in the paper the next day. 

One of the challenges of life is finding a balance.  As an engineer it took me awhile to recognize the value of marketing and sales.  It is important to have a useful product, but it is also important to get people to know about your product and want to buy it. 

As bloggers we are trying to get a message out.  I'm not at the point of being a sage and I doubt anyone disagrees with me enough to make me a martyr, but I would like to be more effective in communicating the value of homeschooling, and a few other messages.

From A.Word.A.Day:

To know how to say what other people only think is what makes men poets and sages; and to dare to say what others only dare to think, makes men martyrs or reformers, or both.
Elizabeth Rundle Charles, writer (1828-1896)

No comments: