Thursday, December 03, 2009

Adding to my extended memory

I find it interesting that our blog has become an extension of my memory. This post is partly to add more to my extended memory.

I don't remember hearing about the Cook Partisan Voting Index before. Here's the first paragraph from the Wikipedia entry:

----------
The Cook Partisan Voting Index (CPVI), sometimes referred to as simply the Partisan Voting Index (PVI), is a measurement of how strongly an American congressional district or state leans toward one political party compared to the nation as a whole. It was developed in 1997 by Charlie Cook of the Cook Political Report, a nonpartisan political newsletter, working with Polidata, a political statistics analysis firm.
----------

It is an interesting way to look at voting patterns.


----------
Technorati tags: politics

No comments: