Saturday, May 02, 2009

"Obama got loose"

Context is important.

Eight months ago we got a baby rabbit for my third daughter. The rabbit was part of a surprise litter. Some friends had gotten two rabbits, and both rabbits soon had babies. My youngest daughter pleaded and begged for one of the babies. Janine and I talked it over and decided to take one of babies. We ended up with a nice young male. He has a mixture of black and white fur. The owners of the two mother rabbits had already named him Obama.

I was driving with my daughter this week. She was talking about her day. I was distracted for a bit by something on the road. Then she said "Obama got loose." For two seconds I had this image of President Obama having acted mentally unbalanced and being put in a psychiatric ward. He had been able to sneak out and we had been warned to be on the outlook for him. "Don't worry we don't think he is dangerous, but approach with caution."

Then I realized my daughter was talking about the rabbit. He had gotten out of his cage and ran around in the back yard.

Context is important.


---------
Technorati tags: Obama

1 comment:

Rose said...

Now, Henry, there is no such thing as a surprise litter when it comes to rabbits. The only surprise is when they don't have a litter!