Friday, March 27, 2009

Scary - budget deficits

I don't blog about politics very often. There are others who do a better job than I could do. Also I find that in general very few people change their minds over time. Most people seem to find their political viewpoints in childhood or early twenties, and rarely change.

Janine and I are involved in local politics. I've run for office and been involved in several local issues. But in general I plan to stay away from politics on our blog.

I found this very striking - Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit:












Now I won't be able to sleep.

(Hat tip: Instapundit)


Lately I've wondered if at some point will the huge national debts start to drive people out of the United States. Over the years Congress contiues to increase the amount of money I'm obligated to pay, and worse the amount of money my children will have to pay. At some point I think there will be a tipping point and people will just walk away for debt they didn't ask for. The International Property Rights Index might be a good place to start looking.


----------
Technorati tags: government, property rights, debt

2 comments:

My Boys' Teacher said...

Let us know if you decide where to go. I don't know if there's anyplace left.

Henry Cate said...

Yeah, that is the big problem. As bad as our country is right now, I don't know of anything place that is better. I think for now we have to fight the good fight and try to make a difference.