Saturday, March 21, 2009

My life is a musical

Music has taken over my life.

* I play the baritone in a homeschool ensemble group.

* My oldest daughter plays the clarinet in the same group.

* I play trumpet in a community orchestra.

* My oldest daughter plays the clarinet in the same group.

* I play the piano and substitute as a pianist or chorister occasionally during the children's singing time at church.

* My oldest daughter plays the piano.

* My younger two daughters play the violin in a homeschool strings group.

* My younger two daughters also play the piano.

* I sing in the choir at church.

* All my girls sing in a homeschool children's choir which performs once month at a local senior living center.

* Baby Bop loves music. He sat through a two hour singing and dancing performance in which his two big sisters participated. He watched a PBS special on Luciano Pavarotti and was entranced.

* My oldest daughter will agree to cheerfully complete any household chore as long as she can listen to her favorite songs on U-tube.

Add to this impressive list Baby Bop's speech therapists latest recommendation.

Drum roll please.......

We are to sing to Baby Bop. Not, just songs, like Twinkle Little Star, but communication which would normally by spoken.

Since Baby Bop is speech delayed and has auditory processing issues, this should help him with language development.


I feel a bit like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.





[By the way, I upload this picture from the United States Government Photo and Images search page that Henry mentioned in this post.]





----------
Technorati tags: classical, music, life

No comments: