Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sitemeter no longer aborts loading in Internet Explorer

This morning I left entered the problem about loading on Sitemeter's support page. I got a nice email this afternoon in which they apologized and said they fixed the loading problem.

I added the HTML code for Sitemter back into my template and our blog loads just fine now.

There is still something a bit funny. This "http://www.sitemeter.com/" doesn't work, but this"http://sitemeter.com/" does work. If you have any problem checking on your statistics, try removing the "www." from the URL.


----------
Technorati tags: blog,

2 comments:

gary said...

I just removed sitemeter from my pages altogether. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Henry Cate said...

Yeah. I'm sure it hurt Sitemeter.

I figure they've been fine for the last three years. I'll stay with them a little longer.

I may get around to putting up a second hit tracker. I keep meaning to do it, but it is just one more thing. Maybe I ought to teach my oldest daughter a little HTML and use it as a homeschooling exercise. Great, now two more things to do! :-)