Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cato Institute on Markets vs. Standards

A couple months ago my brother pointed me to a video from the Cato Institute. The Cato Institute had a panel talk about reform in education. The video is about an hour.

Several people were each given ten minutes to talk. I am a strong believer in vouchers, so I was sad to hear Sol Stern say that so far vouchers have not had marketed improvement in education. Others said the freedom could be main factors in improving school reform.

Even if there was clear evidence that vouchers improved education, there are too many politicians and union leaders who would oppose vouchers. I'm afraid we won't have useful, wide spread vouchers in the next couple decades.

So what is a parent suppose to do? Homeschool seems like the only reasonable answer to me.


---------
Technorati tags: government schools, public school, public education, education

No comments: