Monday, May 05, 2008

Homeschooling allows you to head for the sea

I love stores like this: A life at sea. A family decides to spend months traveling around the pacific ocean, and of course they homeschool. I love the mother's line:

"Home schooling is a market response to a market failure, ... Once you've home schooled, you don't go back. Why would I check back into a system that is fundamentally broken?"

More and more families are finding that homeschool gives them freedom. It seems about every week or two I'll come across a similar story. Some family loads up on a RV a decides to go to the United States, or head off to Europe for a couple months, or take a ship out to sea.

In the past we've take long trips to various places, like two weeks in Hawaii and a month in Virginia. Next week we'll be taking a short trip down to Legoland. Amusement parks are so much more fun in off seasons. The lines are shorter and the children are happier.

Initially I considered homeschooling because I didn't want my daughters to lose their love for learning. Over time Janine and I have found many other reasons.

One of the more important reasons is homeschooling gives families greater freedom. This freedom allows families can spend more time together. When all is said and done our ties to our relations is one of our greatest treasures.


---------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, public school, public education, education

No comments: