Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We must be doing something right

I try each week to give my daughters an allowance for the work they do around the house. (We blogged about the details of our approach over a year ago.) Often I'll get distracted and the allowance backs up for a couple weeks. Saturday I sat down with them. We balanced out the money I gave them and how much they had spent in the last month.

My oldest had a gift card for Barnes and Noble. She wanted to spend it. Janine stayed home while the foster care toddler slept. The three girls and I went to check out books.

They bought books. Almost a dozen books. Together they spent over a hundred dollars.

We must be doing something right!


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, education, , , , ,

No comments: