Friday, March 14, 2008

Powerful: Randy Pausch on "Remembering Your Childhood Dreams

My mother recently sent me a URL to Randy Pausch's appearance on Oprah. Wow. Very powerful.

Randy is dying of cancer. He has a couple months to live. He teaches as CMU. There is a tradition to give your "Last Lecture" as if you knew you were going to die. Randy gave his "Last Lecture." It contains some advice and wisdom he has learned over the years. It is very powerful.

This is the abridged version, from Oprah, all of 10 minutes:




This is the unabridged version, 76 minutes:



Hook your friends by asking them to watch the abridged version, and then encourage them to watch the unabridged version.


Randy is maintaing a blog. And his has written a book.

Wow. Just wow.


----------

Technorati tags: Randy Pausch, Last Lecture, Childhood Dreams

4 comments:

Born into Christianity said...

This was incredible - thanks for sharing. I listened to them both and I am so inspired and touched by his lecture.

Henry Cate said...

You are welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the speech.

You are right, it is pretty inspiring. It helps to put some parts of my life into perspective.

Anonymous said...

I saw this, and it was incredibly powerful.

Henry Cate said...

Randy Pausch has made a great impact. His speech has stirred thousands, maybe tens of thousands. The ripple effect may reach out to millions over the years.

I wonder at times how I can have more of an impact. I don't have a need to be famous, but I would like to help improve society.

Events like "The Last Lecture" cause me to ponder and reflect on ways I could make more of a difference.