Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Looks like our 15 minutes of fame is stretching into 30 minutes

Isabel (Izzy) Lyman author of The Homeschooling Revolution just sent me an email. The pictures of my family which appeared in our local paper have been picked up by AOL! Today if you go to AOL, you'll see my youngest daughter. (She is pretty cute.) The homeschooling issue is one of the top five stories today at AOL.

This is AOL's full article. It is fun to see Janine's picture just before Arnold's picture. The article is mostly about the California homeschooling issue in general, and Arnold's response.

I am happy with the AOL poll on homeschooling. The results are very positive.

For the question: "What do you think of homeschooling?" 66% gave Thumbs up while only 34% gave Thumbs down. This was out of 29,741 votes.

Even better was the response to: "Do you agree with the appeals court's ruling?" 73% said No and only 27% said Yes. This was out of 22,918 votes.


The original article was on USA Today, but I don't see the pictures.


I wish there was a way AOL and USA Today could have linked to our blog. Does anyone know Heather Terwilliger or Greg Toppo? I can't seem to track down an email address for either of them.


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education

5 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I was just popping on to congratulate you. I have AOL, so I voted in their little poll. I don't think I've ever done that before!!

Rusty said...

Much of the video from your local news station must now be in a "file footage" locker, because our local station (so. Cal.) used video of your family for a separate report on the homeschool ruling.

Janine Cate said...

>our local station (so. Cal.) used video of your family for a separate report on the homeschool ruling.

Wow! That's a little scary.

Janine

gary said...

Hi Henry

I just ran across your girls and Janine's picture here too. http://www.chieftain.com/life/1205820000/3

Gary

Henry Cate said...

Thanks.

I set up a Google Alert. The story, or variations of it, keep popping up again and again. I wonder how long it will be republished in various papers.