Friday, March 28, 2008

Interesting - the power of the internet

From Instapundit:

--------------------

OUCH: "According to new data released by the Newspaper Association of America, total print advertising revenue in 2007 plunged 9.4% to $42 billion compared to 2006 -- the most severe percent decline since the association started measuring advertising expenditures in 1950. "

UPDATE: Reader Johann Erickson emails: "Last time I put a 'help wanted' ad in my local paper, it cost me about $500. I got 6 faxes, 5 were unqualified for the job. I put an ad on Craigslist for free and got about 40 resumes. About 10 qualified for the job. Why would I ever use a newspaper again? Classified ads were the biggest drop, 16.5% or so. Just another dinosaur dying." As I said, ouch.

--------------------

A decrease of 9.4% in one year is a big hit. The article says said there was also a 9% decrease from 2000 to 2001.

Clearly blogs and other internet activities are taking away advertising dollars.

An amazing world.


----------
Technorati tags: online, advertising

No comments: