Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Have you heard of ZIPskinny?

This morning I had close to 150 emails in my personal email account. I've been responding mostly to emails about the Carnival of Homeschooling image contest and entries for this week's carnival.

I came across an email from my mother. She found this cool site: ZIPskinny. You enter a zip code and the site displays statistics on the educational level, martial status, household income, occupation and other fascinating information.

The site will also allow you to compare two or more zip codes.

If there wasn't a carnival to get up, I'd probably spend another hour checking out the web site.


----------
Technorati tags: zip code

1 comment:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

ZIPskinny has a few bugs. I typed in my zip code and it didn't even mention the School District my kids would be in if they attended public school.

ZIP Code 39565
My School District is St. Martin

We actually live in the Latimer Community not Vancleave, although we share a zip code with them.

But I wouldn't be too hard on ZIPskinny it confuses sales people too. When we had a land line I had a Biloxi phone #, a Vancleave zip code, and an Ocean Springs (nearest city) address.

I spent hours arguing whenever I ordered something by phone that my phone # was actually my home phone # and that I didn't live in Biloxi(even though I had a Biloxi phone #).