Thursday, January 10, 2008

Did you hear Dr. Laura yesterday?

While I was driving I caught of few minutes of Dr. Laura on talk radio. Someone called in with questions about taking their children out of a private school to homeschool. Dr. Laura said that if she had to do it again, she would have homeschooled her son and that homeschooling was better than even a religious private school.


It doesn't change anything, but it is nice when well know people come out in support of homeschooling.


---------------------------------------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've listened to Dr. Laura for a few years and she has always spoken highly of homeschooling...

Anonymous said...

Dr. Laura is the reason I homeschool. Over 7 years ago, I heard her talking about homeschooling and how great it was. Up until then, I had not even really considered it. We had a private religious school picked out that I was to begin working at that would have covered all costs. She mentioned the HSLDA's website. It was their website that gave me the confidence and the info I needed to find the support groups, but it was Dr. Laura who put me in that direction.

Janine Cate said...

I hadn't realized that Dr. Laura had mentioned homeschooling that much in the past.

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, She has been encouraging people for many years to pull their children out of public schools either for private or homeschooling. She has discussed the benefits of homeschooling many, many times.

Like I said, if it were not for her, I may have never considered the idea.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me- I think if she'd've known more about home education when she wrote "Parenthood by Proxy" she would have encouraged it alot more in the book.