Thursday, August 09, 2007

I've asked the library to get this book: 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School

PalmTree Pundit wrote about a book On Her Wish List: 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School: Real-World Antidotes to Feel-Good Education by Charles Sykes. Here's the book's web site. Anne learned of the book from Michelle Malkin who posted about it yesterday.

Here are a sample of the rules:

#1 Life is not fair. Get used to it.
#15 Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping. They called it “opportunity.”
#43 Don’t let the success of other depress you.
#48 Tell yourself the story of your life. Have a point.

The book is coming out in a couple weeks. It looks very worthwhile. I've asked my local library to get it. I'll skim it and probably buy it.


----------
Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of those have been circulating as a short list for years. My mom had an Ann Landers column with 10 or so on the refrigerator for years.

I would be interested to see how Mr. Sykes expands on them.

Janine Cate said...

I look forward seeing the book too.