Thursday, June 07, 2007

11 million hits and growing

The internet has changed how information is moved. What once was a slow controlled processes now moves with the speed of light and resembles the Wild West.

My mother-in-law sent me the link to this site with a comment that it had received over 3 million hits. When I finally got around to checking it out, it had received over 11 million hits. Just from last night when I went to bed and this morning, over 200,000 more hits were recorded.

It has been said the the currency of the internet is "hits." It took us about a year to pass the 100,000 mark on our blog. In comparison, I think Instipundit gets 100,000+ hits a day.

The interesting part about this story is that the creator of the vidoe tribute, Lizzie Palmer, is a 15 year old highschool student from Columbus, Ohio. This video may also make the career for the artist who produced the music. I had never heard of Ryan Farish before, but I will be buying his CD's in the future.

So whether you agree of disagree with the message, you have to agree that it is having an unexpected impact.

So drum roll please.......

Remember Me


---------------------------------
Related Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: