Monday, April 09, 2007

Thoughts on Astronomy Pictures of the Day from two of my daughters.

Today I had both my youngest daughter and my middle daughter provide commentary on selections from Astronomy Pictures of the Day over the last month:


My younger daughter’s thoughts:

Dust and the Helix Nebula – It looks like an eye!

Atmospheres Detected for Two Extrasolar Planets – It looks like a small peanut.

Stars, Dust and Nebula in NGC 2170 – The nebula looks like a weird cookie.

Illusion and Evolution in Galaxy Cluster Abell 2667 – The galaxy on the right hand side looks like a worm.

Saturn from Above – The rings looks like daddy’s wedding ring and Saturn looks like a tennis ball.

Barred Spiral Galaxy M95 – She says there is probably no one in this galaxy who plays soccer.


My middle daughter’s commentary:

NGC 2442: Galaxy in Volans – My middle daughter says there are probably a billion planets there. I’m pleased she is in the right ballpark!

NGC 1365: Majestic Island Universe – She wonders if magical animals live in other galaxies?

Three Galaxies and a Comet – This is a whole wide amazing thing.

The View from Everest – This is high and cold. She realized she’d need to bring warm clothing. I explained she’d also need oxygen.

Aurora Over Alaska – It looks pretty. (I agree, it is goregous.)


----------
Technorati tags: ,

No comments: