Thursday, February 22, 2007

Comentary on the Astronomy Picture of the Day from my youngest daughter

I talked with my youngest daughter, who is six and a half, about selections from the Astronomy Picture of the Day web site. Below are the links to the pictures, with her comments.

The Witch's Broom Nebula looks more like a snake to my daughter.

NGC 602 looks like a jaw is about to bite the galaxies.

My daughter says the Eagle Nebula in Infrared is perfect!

The Sombrero Galaxy looks like a wedding ring.

The Star Clusters of NGC 1313 looks like an island in the middle of the ocean.

Thor's Helmet from CFHT looks more like a bird.

The dark spot near the top center in Flame Nebula looks like bunny ears.

It looks like there is fire in the nighttime in the Stars of the Galactic Center.

My daughter doesn't have any thoughts about Vela Supernova Remnant in Visible Light.

She thinks the The Rosette Nebula looks like a strawberry ice cream. (Well it is just before lunch.)

My daughter says she loves to look at the pictures and talk about them.


----------
Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Grizzly Mama said...

The Vela Supernova reminds me of cauliflower.

lol!