Wednesday, November 15, 2006

How Dads Participate in Homeschooling - Part 3

The next in a series which looks at how Dads participate in Homeschooling.

See Part 1 and Part 2 if you missed the first installments.


3) Dad keeps track of the library books.

I know this also sounds trivial, but after paying fines for 50+ books over due at one time, it can really add up. Every Friday Henry sends me an email with a list of the library books due before the next Friday. Since Henry has taken over this task, we've had much lower library fines.

We still get an occasional fine because the kids don't read the list carefully enough, but this is a huge improvement from before.


One of the great ways that Henry facilitates homeschooling is by stepping in to help where ever he sees a need


For next in the series, see Part 4 and Part 5.

-------------------------
Related Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also keep track of library books, which is easy due to the online tools our library offers.

So far, I do a lot of the same stuff for our home school as the dad in your family does for yours... except I don't do laundry. I do the dishes (ie, empty the dishwasher). Early in our marriage my wife realized that I don't know how to wash anything besides t-shirts and jeans, so she forbids me from doing laundry.

Janine Cate said...

Almost all our laundry is t-shirts and jeans, so we haven't run into a problem. ; )

Henry doesn't really do dishes because the kids do that. It was a real hard shipfor me when the kids were sick and I actually had to do the dishes.